Friday, August 13, 2010

Counting ip addresses with #lua #mod_security and #Firebird

I will use lua and mod_security to log some ip or content activity to firebird database
also we can show them in real time if we want to (selecting the last 10 visits for example)

The basic architecture is depicted in the following diagram



I count the ip addresses for one url and if it reaches certain threshold then i will trigger
an action (iptables) or deny access directly from lua (mod_sec rule)

I have a basic simple select example for lua and firebird database just to get a idea how it will look and how easy is to write one, also is good to test if lua + firebird installation is ok



First i have created a Security Rule Script in lua

2 comments:

Brian Rectanus said...

Your post reminded me to send an example I had of using DBs from ModSecurity to the listserv. Please see my example which may interest you here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=AANLkTimfKnUkPm5f29OR%3DJWm3cgQaaTekAccdN3AkA2O%40mail.gmail.com

Popa Adrian Marius said...

thanls i will check it out